The aim of this Work Package is to resolve the problem that current standards for building design, and timber product manufacture, require strength grading on a basis that is not compatible with reclaimed wood, and similarly varied new timber from less usual sources. The objective is for this new basis grading to be fully equivalent to that of new wood of the main commercial species.
- Project meeting in Madrid (online due to Covid-19)
- Deconstruction and selection of a 200-year timber building in Spain
- Workshop with Swedish Architects, Engineers and a Municipality
- Free webinar – Timber buildings: reuse and recycling for sustainability (20/10/2020)
- Wood Waste Management Facilities Visit