The InFutUReWood project ends one and a half years ago, but the project partners are still disseminating results from the project.
Karin Sandberg (RISE-Sweden), Ylva Sandin (RISE-Sweden), Daniel Ridley-Ellis (ENU-UK), Marlene Cramer (ENU-UK), Annette Harte (UG-Ireland) and Daniel F. Llana (UPM-Spain) from the InFutUReWood project attended the World Conference on Timber Engineering that took place in Oslo, Norway from the 19th to the 22nd of June 2023.
World Conference on Timber Engineering (WCTE) is the largest and the most prestigious conference within timber engineering and the present edition gathered 900 participants from 41 countries. 7 sessions of scientific presentations ran simultaneously including 489 oral presentations and 109 short presentations (posters).
Results from the InFutUReWood project were presented in two different themes:
Theme: 2.1 Sustainable environment and use of wood
Annette Harte from TERG, University of Galway, Ireland presented:
- Embedment strength of recovered spruce and oak. Authors: Caitríona Uí Chúláin, David Gil-Moreno, Daniel F. Llana, Mitja Plos, Goran Turk, Paul Hogan, Annette M. Harte https://doi.org/10.52202/069179-0119
- Bending characteristics of CLT from recovered spruce. Authors: Caitríona Uí Chúláin, Daniel F. Llana, Paul Hogan, Patrick McGetrick, Annette M. Harte https://doi.org/10.52202/069179-0121
Theme: 3.10 Circular design for sustainability, altered use, and reuse of buildings & components
Ylva Sandin from RISE, Sweden presented:
- How timber buildings can be designed for deconstruction and reuse in accordance with ISO 20887. Authors: Ylva Sandin, Marlene Cramer, Karin Sandberg https://doi.org/10.52202/069179-0463
Daniel F. Llana from GICM, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain presented:
- Engineered wood products manufactured from reclaimed hardwood timber. Authors: Daniel F. Llana, Violeta González-Alegre, María Portela, Justo García-Navarro, Guillermo Íñiguez-González https://doi.org/10.52202/069179-0468
The conference proceedings are available for downloading here.
The next WCTE conferences will take place:
- 2025 in Brisbane, Australia
- 2027 in Edmonton, Canada